Saturday, April 20, 2013

Random Pictures

Saturdays are really the best day. Friday is still a workday but the hope of Saturday keeps your spirit alive. Sunday is too close to Monday but is the perfect buffer day to make Saturday distanced from the beginning of the work week.

This morning I decided to go to the farmer's market a few minutes from my apartment and then pop in the nearby coffee shop for a latte (ugh. everything about that sentence sounds hipsterly). I got a few vegetables and a latte and the barista made the top all pretty! I think this is the first time I've ever been the recipient of latte art. I was pretty enthralled but had to play it all cool like, "oh, that dude can make designs out of milk. Yawn." So I waited until I was in my car to get a picture.

Last week, at the same farmer's market, I bought a little peppermint plant. It was so cute and adorable and I was afraid it would be root-bound if it spent too long in that little plastic cube container they sell all baby plants in. So I replanted it in a bigger pot and less than a week later I have a peppermint plant monster!

My adorable baby plant is all grown up! You really do have to cherish the time you have with them when they're small; they grow up so fast. Har har.

I decided to be a vandal and pick some blossoms from the azalea bush that's blooming beside my apartment building. Regular rebel without a cause over here. I put those blossoms with this purple flower I had been growing and, hark, a bouquet! I put them in a vase and feel so good about myself. Nothing screams "I'm an adult and have my life together" more than fresh flowers in a container that you remembered to put water in. I believe they also call that a vase.




No comments:

Post a Comment