Monday, May 20, 2013

The Plight of the Twentysomething

I hadn't realized a month had passed since my last entry. Such madness! Time goes by surprisingly fast when one is in the throes of a quarter-life crisis. Seriously, why is being a twentysomething so hard?? Aren't these supposed to be the "best years of our lives?"

 Maybe looking back one day they will be but right now things are just unnecessarily hard and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of having to stress about money because my big girl full time job pays pathetically little, I'm sick of constantly applying for better jobs and never hearing anything, or worse, actually getting to interview for my dream job and not getting it and I'm tired of losing people. It's like trying to claw your way out of a self-loathing stresshole of mid-twenties angst, only to fall right back down to where you started.

Should I move and try to start over? Should I remain optimistic that things won't suck forever? Who knows. I know I don't know.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant or pity-party but sometimes it helps to get these things out.

I don't want this to be a depressing blog, so here's a picture of me a few weeks ago (before my quarter life crisis began) owning at an Etch-A-Sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment