Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bandana Tablecloth

So, I got bored one day a few months ago. This happens pretty regularly. I'm just sitting there minding my own business and then am suddenly and randomly crushed with the random feeling that I've accomplished nothing, that my life is going nowhere, that I must create something RIGHT NOW OR I WILL DIE. Okay, that's a tad over-dramatic, but you get the point. I get bored easily and like to make things.

I started rummaging through my collection of random craft supplies and discovered that I had 9 bandanas laying around (because that's so normal, you know). I had 3 patterns so I decided to arrange them and sew them all together and make something that was supposed to resemble a tablecloth.

Here's what I came up with:


I pinned the bandanas together and then hand-sewed it all together and a few hours later I had a pretty snazzy tablecloth! (If you have an actual sewing machine you could probably knock this out in like 30 minutes.)

Behold!

I'm quite pleased with it. I haven't tried to wash it in the washing machine because I'm afraid the seams might unravel, but it holds up well with hand washing. You could probably do this for about $5 if you don't have bandanas just laying around like I did. To be honest, I have no idea why I thought I'd ever need so many bandanas, but I'm glad I planned ahead for my future self. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment